Vitality Wellness Festival
London's Green Park plays host to the Vitality Wellness Festival, which features something for everyone, with lots of child and adult-friendly activities, brilliant giveaways and practical tips on how to stay fit and healthy.
During the Vitality Westminster Mile (28 May), the park features a series of themed zones including a Sports Zone, Kids Zone, Fitness Studio and Vitality Hub. The Sports Zone will include a giant treadmill ‘Tumbleator’, coaching clinics from Arsenal Soccer Schools, coaching from England Netball and tips from Middlesex County Cricket Club.
There will be free high-energy classes as well as relaxing yoga sessions.
The resident DJ will keep everyone up to date and interview special guests from the events, as well as spinning a few tunes to keep the party atmosphere going.
A range of delicious hot and cold food will be available in the Vitality picnic area, including lots of tasty healthy options. Try out one of the cycle smoothie bikes to get yourself a free smoothie.
Take part in classes provided by Vitality partner Virgin Active including HIIT, Zumba and body conditioning – BURN 360. All mats and equipment will be provided.
- Zumba: Tone your whole body to the rhythm of the Latino beat and party your way to fitness
- HIIT - Twenty Four: Enjoy the intense moves and high energy of this 24-minute workout
- Les Mills Body Attack: Combine calorie blasting aerobics with simple sports moves
- BURN 360: Redefine your posture, balance and gain definition by feeling the burn
- Dance with Virgin Active dance team: De-stress to the coolest street dance sounds
- Barre: Arabesque with attitude, master muscles and define your derriere
|HIIT - Twenty Four||10:15||Sophia|
|Les Mills Body Attack||11:00||Shinead|
|Dance with Virgin Active dance team||12:30||Jade|
|Les Mills Body Attack||14:00||Shinead|
|Dance with Virgin Active dance team||15:30||Jade|
Yoga & Pilates
Energise the body and mind by taking part in yoga and Pilates classes aimed for the whole family. Classes will be provided by Vitality partner Virgin Active. Yoga mats will be provided.
- Nova: Yoga Pilates fusion Stretch, flex and strengthen your back, legs and glutes
- Jivamukti Yoga: Move your body in rhythm, connecting your breath to a flow of postures
- Vinyasa Yoga: Sequences smoothly flow from one move to the next to help you achieve balance in body and mind
- Pilates: Ease stiffness and lower back pain with precise stretches, focused breathing and low impact conditioning exercises
- Meditation: Calm your mind and lift your spirits – a little meditation goes a long way
|Nova – Yoga Pilates fusion||10:00||Shinead|
|Align – Hatha Yoga||11:30||Renzo|
|Calm – Restorative Yoga||12:15||Renzo|
Check out the Kids Zone for children’s games and arts and crafts. Don’t forget to 'Find Stanley', who is hiding around the Park.
Arsenal Coaching Clinics
Coaches from Arsenal Soccer Schools will run sessions for kids aged 3-18 throughout the day. Each 30-minute session will feature three skills-based challenges - how to pass like Ozil, dribble like Sanchez and control the ball like Cazorla.
Middlesex County Cricket Club
Pinky’s Pavilion from Middlesex County Cricket Club will be in the Sports Zone so come along to have your ball skills reviewed. The team will bring a variety of fun, family cricket activities to the Festival.
Fancy learning how to play netball, getting back into it or participating in a match? England Netball’s court and coaches will be in the Sports Zone for you to have a go.
Try out your pace skills on the giant treadmill. Challenges will be running throughout the day from 09:00 until 16:00. Don’t miss the chance to test your pace against a mascot at 12:30.
There will be music and live Q&As all day on the bandstand.
Catering & Picnic Area
Soak up the atmosphere, try out the cycle smoothie machines or enjoy some food and drinks from the catering stalls in the picnic area.
Visit the hub and be in with a chance to win great prizes from Vitality and their partners. BMI Healthcare, Vitality’s partner will have nurses onsite offering free health checks to visitors.
Please note: All classes and activities are first come first served.