The 2020 Vitality Westminster Mile
The recent surges in Covid-19 since lockdown was eased mean it’s not possible to stage the Vitality Westminster Mile in its usual format in 2020.
We've contacted all participants in the 2020 event about their options for this year – read our full announcement for more details.
- Q. How do I enter the Vitality Westminster Mile?
A. More information on how to enter the Vitality Westminster Mile will be available once a new date is confirmed.
- Q. I have moved. How do I let you know my change of address?
A. If you have a general entry, log on to your RealBuzz Members Hub to make the change straight away.
If you secured your place via a charity or any other type of guaranteed entry, please email email@example.com with your full name, date of birth and confirmation of what details are changing. Our Helpdesk team will then confirm once the change has been made.
- Q. My friend/family member is unable to run but has a place; can I run using their entry?
A. Places in the Vitality Westminster Mile are non-transferable under any circumstances (see terms and conditions of entry).
Anyone attempting to run using another person’s entry will be disqualified and banned for life from the Vitality Westminster Mile and all other events organised by London Marathon Events Limited.
- Q. I am ill, injured or unable to run – what do I do?
A. If you are ill or injured we advise you NOT to take part. If you decide not to run for any reason, you must return your IPICO Sports Tag. Please use the special Freepost envelope in your race pack. It is a condition of the event that all timing tags that are not returned within 21 days of the event are subject to a £10 lost-tag charge.
- Q. Am I entitled to a refund if I am not able to run?
A. Runners who decide not to run are not entitled to a refund, as per the terms and conditions of entry.
- Q. Can I change my start wave/time to be with a friend or family member?
A. If you wish to run with friends or as a family, enter via the family/group option as this will ensure you start in the same wave.
- Q. Can participants in a wheelchair or similar assistive device be pushed around the course?
A. Yes, it is possible to push a wheelchair or similar assistive device around the one mile course in the Vitality Westminster Mile. Please enter and inform our Disability Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Q. When will I receive my race pack?
A. Race packs will be sent via Royal Mail post two weeks prior to Race Day. Final Instructions for the event will also be emailed to participants.
- Q. What will be included in my race pack?
A. Your race pack will include your running number, IPICO Sports tag, baggage bag, safety pins and wire twist ties.
- Q. What happens if I do not receive my pack in the post before Race Day?
A. If you have not received your race pack in the post two weeks prior to Race Day please contact the helpdesk on 020 7902 0200 who will be able to issue you with a new pack. If you are unable to contact the helpdesk more than a week before the race, we will not be able to post a new pack to you. In this instance you will need to collect a race pack on the morning of the race from the Information Tent in Green Park.
- Q. What time does the race start?
A. Runners will set off in waves from 09:30 on Race Day. Please see our Runner Info page for full details of start waves and information on the British Athletics Senior and Junior Championships.
- Q. What time do I need to get to the start area?
A. Please aim to arrive no less than 30 minutes before your start time.
- Q. What are the nearest stations to the start?
A. The assembly area for the Vitality Westminster Mile is in Green Park. The nearest Tube stations are Green Park and Hyde Park Corner. Piccadilly Circus, St James’s Park, Charing Cross and Victoria are also within walking distance.
- Q. Where can I park near the start/finish area?
A. We do not recommend driving as parking in the area will be difficult. Public transport is the best option, but do check for any possible weekend engineering works before you travel at www.tfl.gov.uk/check.
- Q. How will I find my start wave?
A. Confirmation of your start wave will be included in your race pack, which will be sent out two weeks prior to Race Day.
- Q. Are there drinks available on the course, and where?
A. Drinks are NOT available on the course. However, there will be Buxton Natural Mineral Water available to runners in the assembly area in Green Park.
- Q. Are there toilets along the course, and where?
A. There are no toilets along the course. However, there will be toilets available to runners in the assembly area in Green Park. Please make use of these before making your way to the Start Line.
- Q. Where is the finish area?
A. The race Finish Line is on Spur Road, facing Buckingham Palace.
- Q. How can I meet up with friends/relatives after the race?
A. You will be directed back to the assembly area in Green Park by the Finish area marshals. Please arrange to meet your friends and/or relatives at a pre-designated point in this area after the race.
- Q. I want to watch the race – what advice can you give me?
A. The race course is ideal for spectators. It loops around the world-famous St James’s Park and features plenty of great vantage points so encourage any friends and family who aren’t joining you for the run to come along to show their support. Please visit our Spectator Info page for more details.
- Q. Can I track a runner during the race?
A. No, there is no tracking system for the Vitality Westminster Mile.
- Q. Is there any entertainment on the day?
A. There will be entertainment in the assembly area in Green Park during the Vitality Wellness Festival. For more details please visit our Spectator Info page.
- Q. Is it possible for a charity to buy places in the Vitality Westminster Mile?
A. There are no guaranteed charity places in the Vitality Westminster Mile. However, all runners are able to raise money for a cause of their choice if they wish.
- Q. How do I qualify and/or apply for the British Athletics Senior Championships?
A. This event is by invitation only.
- Q. How do I qualify and/or apply for the British Athletics Wheelchair Championships?
A. This event is by invitation only.
- Q. How do I qualify and/or apply for the British Athletics One-Mile Road Championships?
A. Athletes aged between eight and 20 years old on Race Day are eligible to take part in the British Athletics One-Mile Road Championships. Entry into the event will be open soon.
For further information, please contact our Customer Services team.
- Q. Where do I collect my race pack?
A. If you are an elite athlete racing in the British Athletics Senior and Wheelchair One-Mile Road Championships, you should collect your running number and IPICO Sports Tag from the elite athletes’ tent on Race Day.
- Q. Where is the elite athletes' tent on Race Day?
A. The elite athletes' tent is located in Green Park on Race Day. A map of the area will be available to download here in the build-up to Race Day.